- Secret Techniques for How to Start Your Own Business in Texas Only the Pros Know
- Top How to Start Your Own Cleaning Business in Texas Choices
- Do you have a problem installing the printer driver?
- Universal printer drivers – an overview
- This Plant can assist you Play the final word April Fool’s Day Prank This Easter
A blogger writes anything to write...
Here, How to Buy POS Receipt Printer?
Ask these questions before buying a printer: Do you need a 2-color printer? Need an automatic bon option? Do you need a printer to print receipts, labels and barcodes? What is the speed of the printer you expect? Do you want your printer to accommodate large pressure rollers? Do you want a drop-in paper loading mechanism? Would you like a printer that can print two- and three-ply receipts? Would you like to confirm checks and read MICR codes with your printer?
If you read the questions above, there will be more questions. Make sure you ask all questions to the dealer before you make the purchase.
How many types of printers are there?
There are basically 3 types of printers: Impact, Thermal and Multifunctional.
1. Impact printer:
Impact printers are also known as dot-matrix printers. These printers are not only less expensive but also flexible. They use pens and ribbons to print on the paper. The printers can print two-ply receipts, one for the customer and the other for the seller. These printers are heat resistant and ideal for use in the kitchen. The printer can print two colors – black and red. However, you must purchase the necessary ribbons to print the above colors.
Where can Impact printers be used?
Kitchens, point-of-sale counters, manufacturing units that have too much heat, bodies that require 2-ply receipts printed in 2 colors.
2. Thermal printer: Thermal receipt printer, as the name implies, print the image with heat on the paper. They do not use ribbons and pens to print the pictures. You need special receipt paper for your thermal printer. The paper has a special heat-sensitive coating that activates on contact with the printhead. There is no need to change ribbons for the printer, and the cost of ownership and maintenance is reduced. You can upload the logo directly to the firmware to increase the printing speed. These printers should not be used in places such as kitchens or other heat-sensitive environments.
3. Multifunction printer:
These printers perform several functions besides printing receipts. The multifunctional printers are used to confirm checks, read MICR codes and print receipts. Because of their versatility, these printers are more expensive than the ones mentioned earlier. These printers can be used at cash registers to print receipts or work with POS setups.